PART – A
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY 75 Questions 75 Marks
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments
in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. The social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and
e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
6. Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
7. The physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention, and mitigation strategies,
Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis: a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and
coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
12. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural,
Political, and Legal Implications/problems.
PART – B
75 Questions 75 Marks
(Rural Development and Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh)
1. Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in India including Constitutional
amendments and reports of Various Committees.
2. Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in Andhra Pradesh
3. Roles and responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary
4. Rural Sociology: History and Evolution of schemes catering to the upliftment of
5. Flagship Rural Development schemes of Rural Development Department
of Government of India and Andhra Pradesh
6. Key Schemes of Panchayat Raj Department of A.P
7. Rural Economy of Andhra Pradesh: Agriculture, Small-scale Industries, Rural artisans
8. Rural Credit Scenario of Andhra Pradesh: Role of Banks, co-operatives and
9. Community-Based Organizations and convergence of Welfare Schemes
10. Women Empowerment and Economic development through Self Help Groups
11. Revenue and Expenditure Management of Local Bodies
12. Accounting and administering funds received under various schemes.
Also check: AP Panchayat Secretary Main Exam Syllabus 2019